Wednesday, September 28, 2005

I'm Addicted to Island Hop

The cylindrical, perfectly aerodynamic little guy - how does he do it? Orbitz, I believe, has created the singular greatest advertising campaign with every pop up game it has created. Pure genius and never ending. Not that I like a neverending story - unless it has a freakin' huge furry white dog who can fly. Duh.

Why have I created this? One might wonder. Especially considering my hatred for blogs. As Erin once put it, they are the dark side. Woe is me to put my lot in with the devil, if it comes to such. However, I parlay myself with this. Three friends (the hippie, the old man [ha!], and the patriot) all have succumbed and most recently to the same host. Snazzy piffle, I say, and reason enough to put aside my icky feelings of pretentiousness and dive headfirst.

Yet, considering how many journals I have going (5!), my ideas truly are all over the place. I suppose it is only right that the physical manifestation of my thoughts be a true representation - scattershot. What joy, what fun...and my apologies. I hope this is enjoyable to peruse, for all my friends and loved ones. I have waylaid any fears of actually succumbing to this ridiculous faze by deluding myself into believing this is like one long e-mail to everyone I know - along with severe tangents. I know I very much miss all the people I know - especially my Cambridge (yes, I refer to four people as 'Cambridge') - and I miss knowing what they're up to. As they have set up ways to provide such knowledge, I have thrown in my lot as well. Of course, this is all on the supposition that they would care. And I'm sure they do, in part, but it all smacks of a rather pretentious attitude. Bastards be ye, damned if I do and damned if I don't (because I am rather pretentious so and so).

So, yes, uh...............howdy.

1 comment:

qta said...

OLD MAN!!!?!
I know you didn't.
Welcome to the blogosphere, the force in strong in you.