Thursday, November 17, 2005

To Smile About

This past week in my life has been rather, for lack of a better word, depressed. It seems like everything is frustrating - from school, to love, to family, and finally to self. School continues to defy me. Love is my constant yet often superficially so transparent by the many thousands of miles. My family seeks the solid ground so long departed. And I seek myself and God, with very only a few assurances to give me rest until the next derision of panic hits. Silly things, though they all seem to define me.

All that said, in the past few days I have fundamentally smiled and found contentment through various experiences. I would like to share them.

Yesterday evening as I finished a read through with Meredith (my partner on the final project for Acting), I saw Rique. Rique is a truly lovely person I met at Campus Crusade for Christ last year. Though I never went back to the KKK (a nickname of affection) except for a few times, Rique and I seemed to form a quick, shallow but deep friendship - shallow meaning I think I've only seen and talked with the guy five times, never for more than 2 minutes. I think he might be the kind of guy who does that with everyone he meets, but I'll entertain thoughts otherwise. Seeing him was a great end to the night. We hugged and chatted for the tiniest bit of a moment. Jessica, a friend from highschool and the KKK, once told me that a true friend is one who enligtens your day. Last night I experienced that. Though I believe I experience that whenever I speak with my true friends, seeing Rique seemed to encapsulate that thought.

Earlier that day, in between my talking to the girl, I called Damion. I was returning a wonderful message he left me....on some day of this week...whichever it might have been.........yeah. Damion, I told you yesterday, but I gladly say again - it was so fantastic hearing from you. I was delighted we could talk and catch up the littlest bit. I would like to say you're the queerest bit of fresh air in my life. But no, I think I am probably the screwiest facet in my own life. So you must take second cake, my dear man.

Today I learned that Chris, a friendly acquiantance from two of my Economics classes, landed one of the internships I applied for earlier in the semester. It was sad to have hammered home again my inability to be desirable enough, and I admit some jealousy. However, I am happy for him. He's an awesome guy and I know he'll do fantastically in such a job (guaranteed after graduation). And he's so freakin' tall. I'm convinced tall people are it in this world. *sighs*

Finally and most fundamental, after talking to Damion, Elisabeth and I were able to talk. Nothing completes my day nor allows me to smile again like escaping my world and entering ours.

The past two days have been good. Now to hell and back with two papers and a test in the two busiest weeks of my life. Wahooo!

(Erin has just the cutest picture of a puppy. Well, she and the puppy are cute together. But...you know...I'm focusing on the puppy here, people.)

2 comments:

qta said...

much love PS, you made my day too.

Lita said...

I love you ps, you give me something to smile about