Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Happy Birthday: 10 Days Past

Ten days ago, my dear friend Damion celebrated his 34th birthday. In honour of his day, still important 10 days past, I give to him a series of lists. The lovely man asked for a list from everyone which ennumerated their top ten favorite books.

My mind has been way too out there to focus on moving, let alone lists of any kind. But given I have finally been able to write something cogently, slightly substantive, I think I can now push myself on with this. Not a hard thing, just a sweet thing to a sweet friend.

...in no particular order...

Top 10 Favorite Albums
1. St. Matthew Passion - Bach
2. Lateralus - Tool
3. Perseverance - Hatebreed
4. War - U2
5. Boy Hits Car - Boy Hits Car
6. Joshua Tree - U2
7. Thriller - Michael Jackson
8. A Kind of Magic - Queen
9. Available for Propaganda - Linea77
10. Master of Puppets - Metallica

Top 10 Favorite TV Shows
1. Quantam Leap
2. MacGuyver
3. Stargate SG-1
4. 24
5. Smallville
6. Spongebob Squarepants
7. House, M.D.
8. Battlestar Galatica (2004)
9. Gilmore Girls
10. G.I. Joe

Top 10 Favorite Movies
1. M - Expressionist German movie from 1933
2. A Touch of Evil
3. Pride and Prejudice (1995)
4. Saving Private Ryan
5. V for Vendetta
6. Philadelphia (also for one hell of a song from the Boss)
7. The Empire Strikes Back
8. American History X
9. Gladiator
10. Dazed and Confused

Top 10 Favorite Books (Including Plays)
1. In Cold Blood
2. Pride and Prejudice
3. Of Mice and Men
4. Hamlet
5. Our Town
6. The Hobbit
7. 1984
8. To Serve Them All My Days
9. The Great Gatsby
10. Jane Eyre

Top 10 Favorite Experiences
1. Telling the girl I love her
2. Kissing the girl
3. Running back and forth atop a slightly swingning bridge on a cliff in Italy whilst holding hands with the burly man Jon to the riotous laughter of the girl and Anna
4. Graduating from University
5. Seeing my Welsh family again
6. Studying at Cambridge with Erin, Damion, Andrew, and Marshal
7. Making sushi with the girl's family
8. Anytime I've ever pitched
9. Visiting Atlanta to spend time with my Cambridge friends
10. Swimming & Writing (If I can combine the two I'll be happy as a clam)

To you Damion.

3 comments:

Lita said...

i feel accomplished that i know all of those albums...and yea, that i even introduced you to Linea77 (one of the most awesomest italian bands...ever) I am smug that i, i, i am the instigator of gilmore girl love, and that i at least know what each of those shows are, even if i've only ever seen 3 of them. shamed that i've only seen five of my most beloved boyfreind's top 10 movies (and haven't even heard of four of them, and shocked that i did not know that Of Mice and Men and Jane Eyre ranked so high on your books list.
of the experience list, i can only say...i blush.

jon said...

Sweet mother of mary, I made it number 3 on your favorite moments of all time. I feel deeply honored and priviledge to know that i am just under kissing the girl. I wonder where you would put kissing me?

qta said...

thank you PS... You are a wonderful friend. Much Mad Love!!!!