Saturday, June 10, 2006

Not Dead Yet!



Good greetings and good morning to everyone!

Forgive me for not having written anything yet. I've been home for 11 days now and so much has happened since I've been back in the states. What a joy it is to relish this hot, hot sun. Especially after surviving the west coast of Wales during its wettest, coldest May in 30 years. Only me, right? And I must reiterate how badly I was burned during that wettest, coldest, cloudiest Welsh May.

Yep. Only me.

For all of that, I am so glad to have spent 2 weeks in Wales. Reconnected with my wonderful family. And thankful that so much Welsh blood runs through my veins. As the World Cup begins and the French Cup ends, it's an amazing thing to discover some national pride. Not that I'm not proud of America. Yet, as I think any international traveler and/or sports fan, almost everyone else outside of the States has a deeper, more passionate sense of nationalism (in its most idealistic sense). And as I watch a reflection on Germany's sense of pride as a nation, the point of America's lack of national identity is driven home even further. 'tis an interesting thought, think you not?

(What a great match between Paraguay and England. Well...good.)

As for actually being home, yesterday I locked in the price for a very nice apartment in Chapel Hill. Now all I have to do is figure out what to do with all of this furniture my parents are leaving me. Ummm...it's a lot.

I really just wanted to say 'Hi' to everyone and get myself going again.

3 comments:

Lita said...

yyyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy! ! ! you're home and writing again! so exciting, so exciting. pwettee pictors. :)

I am PS: said...

*sighs*

my pretty 5 year old. : )

Lita said...

ho cinque anni...piu quindici. : )