Thursday, December 15, 2005

Red Nail Polish

Facebook is all the rage, isn't it? Yet, boy, has it jumped the shark. One knows that some fad has bit the big one when Fox News advertises a special on how pervasive/dangerous/explosive said fad is. Oh great white, how unmerciless you are!

However, Facebook is incredibly uselful (I actually wrote useless without thinking) in this mediocre age for finding out what exactly those nyerds ('y' completely intentional) I went to high school with are up to these days. Of note and the reason for this digression, today I leafed through an old friend's photos. She is quite a beautiful, smiley girl and the object of much affection in the latter years of highschool (i.e. major crush on the chick). As I looked through these photos I found a picture in which she has donned a black dress. With her pale skin, the dress looked fantastic. Yet when I looked at her nails, which were prominently displayed, my eyes went wide at how red her nail polish was. I mutter some obscenity, cursing the taste and nail polish of said pretty girl and promptly close the window, forbidding myself to see anymore. My taste can be exceptionally judgmental.

My only question is, who does this?

After agreeing with another pretty girl to act together in our final project for Acting this semester, I spied same girl wearing those funky, atrocious (on some girls) looking pants that are as faddish as Facebook. On sight of those pants: "I can't work with her." Yet when I saw her do a Tiggerish, sprite-like jump mid-stride: "Well...the pants don't make the girl." Needless to say we worked incredibly well together, especially after she confessed that the pants were so comfortable they obfuscated how wretched they looked. Now that I can respect.

But really, who does this?

No comments: