Wednesday, May 03, 2006

I'm Proud

That's a rather obvious statement. I can be very proud at times. A good thing, a bad thing - delightfully relative at times.

However, my pride at this moment can in no way be relative and can only be thought of as good. I'm very proud of the girl, you see. For all our ups and downs, I'm always proud of her. Sometimes less, sometimes more - but such is the taste of life.

Why am I so very proud of the girl at this moment?

You see, she just got accepted into Berkeley for Italian studies. Brilliant, no?

I had no doubts the girl could get into Berkeley, yet I was quite convinced that she simply didn't have the background that Berkeley would readily accept. I believe this girl is quite brilliant, I am in love with the girl - so she would logically have to be. I suppose I could fall for someone whose bats were not all accounted for in the belfry. But it seems highly unlikely. The girl has a wonderful intellect and a sparkling imagination. I'm not shocked that Berkeley recognized this and rewarded her for it. I am shocked that they looked beyond other things, such as being homeschooled.

It just highlights the fact that she is just that damn awesome.

I realise this might be overly sacchrine and horribly warm and fuzzy. While I deny until my death that I am sacchrine (truly), I can definitely find myself approaching warmth and fuzziness. To quote Phil or Lil from "Rugrats" - "I feel all warm and fuzzy. Uh-oh, diaper needs a changin'."

I'm very proud of the girl. I've told her that many times, but rather like telling her I love her - I doubt there is enough time in this life to tell her to the extent that it would define the breadth of my love and pride.

So, this is but another way and avenue to express my pride in my girl.

Cheers.

No comments: