Friday, May 12, 2006

So, I'm Graduated

I am now 6 days removed from Winthrop's undergraduate graduation ceremonies. Up in Pennsylvania, I have a degree in Mathematics from a small South Carolina liberal arts university. The Chapel Hill Admissions office has my full transcript yet the Economic office is woefully lagging and has yet, supposedly, to lay claim to the fullness of my transcript. Wait still I must.

Graduation was fun. It seems I managed to fanagle my way into various good graces and graduate Summa Cum Lade. I was quite pleased with that - even though there was no distinguishing between all the other honours graduates. I suppose we must learn to live with the little grievances in life.

The girl, Jon and his fiance came down to join in the celebrations. Unfortunately their car broke down just outside of Chapel Hill, fortuitous maybe?, at about 2 am. 2 hours to get them and 2 hours back. With pizza, mind, so my weary friends were rescued with car and food. The next day, 2 hours back to the car to deliver keys and then 2 hours back. The next day graduation and a lovely wine brunch at the Dean and Deluca winery. The fiance was too sick to join, and became even more sick the Sunday. Yet the lovely girl resuscitated by the next day. The plan was to leave on sunday yet with their car on the kicks we waited patiently - with many movies and much alcohol. It's the little things in life that make it worth the living.

We finally left on Tuesday - 2 hours to and 2 hours back to deliver my car to the mother and then....tadaa! 6 hours to Pennsylvania along the glorious route of 77 and 81. Much lateness but, hey, shit does happen. And we had a ton of champagne, beer, and wine to make the time all that more enjoyable.

I shall e-mail various people and send off lots of pictures and words.

I'm graduated.

Weird.

2 comments:

qta said...

Congrats PS!!!! I am sorry that I couldn't make it down :(

But my end of semester workload is rather psychotic at the moment.

Grad School Awaits!!!

I am PS: said...

Thanks guys!!

As I said, I'm in Wales so I'll be here and there.

Lots to tell when I get back : )