Saturday, May 27, 2006

Update from Wales

Erin! (And the rest.)

I'm in Neath, currently, staying with my father and the rest of my family. The Dad is awaiting the Mum's retirement from the States.

I have, however, been in Fishguard, Western-coastal-upper, lower bit of Wales for the past week - a week of an ungodly amount of rain, cold, and cloud.

And yet I still come away with a sun/wind burn!

Only me...I sigh.

From Fishguard, my Dad and I traveled up through to Aberystwyth where my father earned his economics degree and then to Aberaeron to look at some property along the coast.

I'm sorry that it seems like I just skirted into the country without much warning! Everything was a bit sudden and hectic and, for some reason, I assumed you would be in the States by now - which is ridiculous, since Uni for my family over here doesn't even finish until about July or so.

Well, think of this. Parents are moving back to Wales and I'll likely be here for Christmas. Shan't be just a pop over to bide for the next decade or so, this.

...I can't wait to come back home and stop speaking my family's particular brand of Welsh. heh...perhaps.

Cheers everyone!

And, yeah!, I did see Eurovision. Never heard of it before and, my God, it was an eye opener. I loved that Finland one and that chick who used to be from MTV on VH1 was a cohost. Pretty lass, if skinny. I sadly had no idea it was on, so just caught only the tail end of the performances when said goodnight to my Da' and flicked around for something interesting. Really...blew my socks away. (As did seeing Spiderman in Welsh!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Check out:
proverbsofgrandma.blogspot.com
For some funny quotes.

I am PS: said...

haHAH!

neener, neener.... *coughs majestically*.... neener