Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Reiterating My Love

I love clapping.

I think it's a fantastic inclusion in any type of music, especially the music of Matchbook Romance whose single "Monsters" I am listening to at this very moment. What is a more elemental instrument than two hands brought together with speed and rythm? There are feet, and those are fun, don't get me wrong. But feet really can't get into the many levels of emotion that hands can by virtue of the varying degrees of impact. Feet are only good for stomping.

And I love to stomp.

But claps are so much more versatile.

Applause. Accompaniment to a great spiritual, black or otherwise. And a rousing percussive to go along with an incredible song that might be decidely less spiritual than...say...George Michael.

Getting into the music. Kind of like Three 6 Mafia winning for best song at the Grammy...refreshing, so bloody refreshing.

No comments: