Monday, October 08, 2007

Exciting MNF!

I am getting all excited about a football game.

A football game I'm watching over the internet.

Well...not watching. Reading a streaming blog. This is what one does for Fantasy Football. Boring? Nay!

I came out of my Sunday matchup down by a measly 3 points. I had nothing to fear with 3 players in tonight's game: Dallas Cowboys vs. the Buffalo Bills. And those three players were on the undefeated Cowboys - the electric quarterback Tony Romo, stalwart running back Marion Barber III and decent receiver Crayton.

AND, to cap it all off, my opponent had no players in tonight's game. I was assured the win. By many, many points!

However, my goodness, however!

I come off of a conversation with my girl and discover this staggering statistic: Tony Romo has 5 interceptions and a fumble. This puts me 12 points in the hole (each give-away is negative two points). And with only meager yardage and one touchdown between my 3 players, this situations puts me in a very tenuous lead over my stagnant opponent. Not to mention the fact that the Cowboys are about to be shocked by the upset Bills. Also not to mention that two of Romo's give-aways come in the fourth quarter, both on sure-scoring drives.

But how's this for a finish? Dallas is down by eight points and with 25 seconds left to go in the game scores a touchdown to cut the Bills' lead to 2 (all the while adding to my TD and yardage point gains, wahoo!). Dallas then attempts a two-point conversion which is no good! But how no-good was it? Terrell Owens, receiver to the stars (haha), has the conversion, but the ball is stripped away by a Bills defender. Dallas is still losing by 2.

Dallas then kicks off but attempts the onside kick and gets it back! Romo marches the Cowboys (adding up his wonderful yardage total, might I add) and just barely gets the ball down within reasonable field goal range with 2 seconds left to go. A rookie kicker, Folk, comes on and nails the winning field goal!!

But Buffalo called a timeout right before the kick!

So, Folk comes out AGAIN and nails the winning field goal....AGAIN!!

I win, Cowboys win. Buffalo...well, they lose. The poor Bills, they can never do anything quite right. ...but Tony Romo sure can. Boy howdy.

This is the wonderful thing about Fantasy Football: peaks interest in otherwise uninteresting games. I would have read about this game in tomorrow's papers. But now I followed the excitement in as live a fashion as I could manage. And I'll be aching to see this game, somehow.

Awesome.

I'm going to bed after geeking all over the place. Cleanup tomorrow.

No comments: