Sunday, October 21, 2007

Please Examine the Following

Sadly, I had hoped to present a battle of two trailers. However, I can only do this.

Imagine a trailer devoid of comedy, detailing almost every moment of dull, vapid humor in, ironically, a soon-to-be release comedy.

I couldn't find the above trailer.

Now imagine a trailer full of wit and charm, edited and paced so well that even if the plot (cautiously detailed, but never so much that the entire show is given away even though we all know where it's going anyway) didn't appeal, one just be enticed to venture forth to the movie being advertised.

Now I could find this one:


Surprisingly, both trailers I urged you to imagine advertise the same movie, Dan in Real Life. The first trailer I saw on TV a few months ago and thought, "Oh God, Steve, what are you doing?!" The second trailer I saw last night in theatre and thought, "Steve, where've you been all my life. You were funny, poignant and deliciously edited. I want to see Dan in Real Life!"

I also had to think to myself, "I want to see a movie with Dane Cook it."

Fingers crossed there's still a God.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I highly recommend the soundtrack to this movie, which is done almost entirely by my favorite band, Sondre Lerche. There's also a pretty nice duo with Regina Spektor, and an interesting take on the so-often-covered "Fever."
I'm not gonna lie, I will go see this movie just to see Sondre Lerche make their Hollywood debut at the end of the film. Steve Carell will just be a bonus at that point.

~Tammy (yes I stalk your blog from time to time)

I am PS: said...

At least you spelled Carell's name correctly. Sondre Lerche, never heard of but I'll definitely check them out...and the soundtrack when I can.

Hey Tammy!