Saturday, January 28, 2006

Matisyahu

I'm a slut for Yahoo! Music. This is unequivocal. I get free streaming music whilst I'm at school (90% of my current life) that both exposes me to random, punky bands and pop favoraties.

That's right, I'm excited.

*note to the girl, this is a cd.



The song of Matisyahu's I've been listening to for the past few months is "King without a Crown." It's the kind of great song that you buy an album for and hope like hell it isn't the only worthwhile track. You know, if you had money. Damn this secondary education!

Live at Stubbs, if portrayed at all accurately by "King with a Crown," captures an incredible vibe of jazz phunk without delving too much in either. Really fabulous.

And he's a Hasidic Jew.

Singing reggae.

*throws his hands up*

Do you need anything more to convince you? I don't...*becomes distracted by the new Bloodhound Gang song*

1 comment:

Lita said...

thanks for the clue : )