Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Under Pressure!

Listening to the radio today I heard yet again the great cover of Under Pressure and had to express my joy. Freddie Mercury and David Bowie sang together on the brilliant song, and now The Used and My Chemical Romance have done the same on a very servicable cover. They do not shame, and for that we sing hallelujah! Romance and The Used released the song in April of last year, I believe for the Tsunamia aid fund. I had heard snippets of it but lately, through the utter usefulness of Yahoo's internet stream, I've been able to latch onto an Alt Rock channel that gives me much goodness, including the Pressure cover.

Immediately following Under Pressure came The Mars Volta's L'Via L'Viaquez from their album Frances the Mute. L'Viaquez the most interesting song I've heard in quite a while. Very....excellent. I'm always delighted when it tickles my ears.

No comments: