Wednesday, February 08, 2006

I'm a Toys-R-Us Kid

Yes indeed I am, homeboys and homegirls.

You're an 80's kid if:

1. You ever ended a sentence w/ the word "SIKE"
**Never, but I did live through it.

2. You watched Pound Puppies
**I still have two pups!!

3. You can sing the rap to "Fresh Prince of Bel Air"
**Only the first two chords *sigh*

4. You wore biker shorts under your skirts and felt stylish.
**Contrary to popular opinion, never wore skirts.

5. You yearned to be a member of the babysitters club and tried to start one.
**I was always intrigued, I must confess.

6. You owned those lil Strawberry Shortcake pals scented dolls.
**'Fraid not. Remember the show though.

7. You know that "WOAH" comes from Joey on "Blossom"
**Totally.

8. Two words: M.C.Hammer
**I actually bought his tape! Along with Kris Kross!

9. If you ever watched Fraggle Rock
**HELL YEAH!!

10. You had plastic streamers on your handle bars. (HECK YEAH!!!)
**Dude, that's so...uncool.

11. You can sing the entire theme song to "Duck Tales"
**Only the first few chords, again...*double sigh*

12. It was actually worth getting up on Sat morning to watch cartoons
**Yeah!!

13. You wore a ponytail on the side of your head
**Never, though I confess to a rat tail.

14. You saw "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" on the big screen
**Went for a birthday party, had shirts made!

15. You got super excited when it was Oregon Trail day in computer class.
**I rented a computer from school and played it.

16. You had a clip that held your shirt in a knot at the side
**Que?

17. You played the game MASH (Mansion, Apartment, Shelter, House)
**I still don't know how those things work.

18. You wore a Jordache jean jacket and you were proud of it
**What the hell is Jordache?

19. L.A. Gear... need I say more
**The bane of my childhood.

20. You wanted to change your name to "JEM" in kindergarten
**Double Que?

21. You remember all of the Ramona books
**Triple Que?

22. You know the profound meaning of "WAX ON, WAX OFF"
**Damn skippy homeboy.

23. You wanted to be a Goonie
**My saturday morning ritual, with a pop tart!

24. You ever wore fluorescent clothing (some head to toe)
**Dude, now that really is gay.

25. You can remember what Michael Jackson REALLY looked like
**He reminds me of a teddy bear now, with a poppable button nose.

26. You ever wondered why Smurfette was the only female smurf
**I only know she was hot.

27. You took lunch pals to school
**That was beneath me even then.

28. You remember the CRAZE, then the BANNING of slap bracelets
**Definitely!

29. You still get the urge to say "NOT" after every sentence
**I'm sorry, no.

30. Barbie and the Rockers were your fav band
**Not quite squire.

31. You thought She-Ra and He-Man should hook up
**He-Man still gives me goosebumps.

32. You thought your childhood friends would never leave you b/c you
exchanged friendship bracelets
**I'm thinking this is made for girls.

33. You ever owned a pair of jelly shoes (and probably in neon colors)
**Colour me convinced.

34. After Pee-Wee's Big Adventures you kept saying "I know you are but what am I"
**Guilty as charged.

35. You remember "I've fallen and I can't get up"
**Funnily enough, no, I don't.

36. You remember skating before inline skates
**I do, frighteningly.

37. You ever got seriously injured on a Slip-n-slide
**Pecans are deadly under those things.

38. You had a Skip-it
**Never "got" it.

39. You had or attended a b-day party at McDonalds
**Burger King, honkie. McD's is ghetto.

40. You've gone thru this nodding your head in agreement
**Giggling, actually.

41. "Don't worry, Be happy!"
**I think he was the one who inspired my bare feet.

42. You wore like 8 pair of socks over tights w/ high top reeboks
**Yet again, this is so girly.

43. You wore socks scrunched down
**I did, but honestly, not in a girly way.

44. "Miss MARY MACK MACK MACK all dressed in BLACK BLACK BLACK"
**This has something to do with jump rope, right?

45. Boom boxes vs. Cd players
**My parents had the sound system of all sound systems. I didn't need no stinkin' boom box.

46. Both Gremlin movies
**Late night TV.

47. "CARE BEAR STARE!"
**Freakin' A! I carry around a care bears lunch box, for pete's sake!

48. You remember Rainbow Bright and My Lil Pony Tales
**Only from my dreams.

49. You thought Doogie Howser was hot!
**Too skinny, man.

50. Alf, the furry brown alien from Melmac
**I still firmly believe he's real.

51. New Kids On the Block when they were cool
**I hated them then as much as I do now.

52. Knew all the characters and there life stories on the ORIGINAL Saved by the Bell
**The one in middle school?

53. Know all the words to Bon Jovi- SHOT THRU THE HEART
**I only came to know of this "Bon Jovi" when I turned 17.

54. You just sang it to yourself
**Never.

55. You remember when Mullets were cool
**Even back then so bloody gay.

56. You tight rolled your pants
**Once, because I completely misjudge the weather.

57. You owned a banana clip
**And we end with girly?! For shame!

Oh, I enjoyed that immensely. I did, I did, I did.

1 comment:

Lita said...

For Numbers 7, 8, 9, 20, 21, 23, 27,, 30, 31, 38, 46, 49, 51, and 53, I have noooo idea what you're talking about. sorry. this sort of just assures me again that you're a little bit of a cradle robber...and also that i just never watched tv.

2) pound puppies rings this bell in my self conscious that i can't quite put my finger on.

3) i at least know the show.

5)this is one of my greatest sadnesses...i was just young enough that when i read them, they were no longer cool.

10) never had long enough legs to ride a bike properly.

11) i can and i will! i just hummed the whole thing, much to the amusement of the italians around me.

12) those kind of cartoons were just a myth by my day.

13) I was more of a Pippy Longstocking kind of girl.

14)I was totally in love with the turtles, man.

15) I played Oregon Trail all the time at home! ! ! !

16) where i came from, we didn't need the clips, we just tied it.

17 IT'S SHACK NOT SHELTER!!!!!

18)I confess, yes. that's still in in italy.

25) micheal jackson remains a mystery to me in all his forms.

28)i still play with slapit bracelets.

32) freindship bracelets were beaneath us. we sealed our freindships with blood and lattes.

33) i did have jelly shoes...they were red and really comfy.

34) that pissed me off.

39_ how bourgeois

43) no, i hopelessly tried to do the cool foldy thing my sister did.

50) Alf REALLY freaked me out.

55) NEVER mention mullets or rat tails!