Sunday, April 30, 2006

The Girl is Home!

To quote Erin and every well respected, decent Englishman....

HUZZAH!


The girl has been away a long time. And we've been apart. Conceivably we've always been apart. A 7 hour drive. 9 hours. It's all the same. What's a 9 hour flight?

Apparently a lot.

Go figure.

(This is so completely an off the wall love letter to the girl so, like, buzz off if you don't want to read.)

So much has happened in the past year, and unfortunately we've had to share those experiences vicariously. The really bad part is that our vicarious experiences have happened over a 56K modem in a rickety house bombarded by a huge spalunking thunderstorm.

In a word, patchy.

There's nothing much frustrating in this world (actually, there are a hell of a lot more things and I've experienced a lot of them, but hey, I'll go with the dramatic) than not being able to talk to the one you love when you want.

I want to talk to this girl for the rest of my life. It's been hard.

It's also been edifying.

I know more of you. I see more of you. And I am still so passionately in love with you. If not more so.

I really like you. You're one hell of a cool chick. And you're almost as twisted to me. Fingers crossed that you'll get there eventually. You show great promise little one.

Ultimately that's all I want to say. I love you like an exploding supernova in the Neverending Story. You know, 'cause it'll never end. And it'll destroy...that place...you know...Fantastica! (I'm destructive!) So, yeah, you're awesome. I'm glad you're home. *waves a little flag like Stuart Little at a football match*

It seems like I have not the eloquence to say anymore. (And I feel like I should just shut up, thank you Mike & Mike. I suspect only Andrew will get that, and even he might not.)

Cheers.

4 comments:

I am PS: said...

Crash away my friend.

Yes, you're right! My thanks for your nod to understanding, I am not so alone in my little sports world after all : )

qta said...

Welcome home elizabeth!

I am PS: said...

: )

Lita said...

*blushes*...gosh it's good to be home. i love you.

thanks damion!