Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Queen, Idol, and I

Bucky - “Fat Bottomed Girls” - I hate this kid, he has such a horrible presence. But his voice actually did the song a bit of justice. Though the gruffness was a bit too much after a while. Wow, he’s married. I wouldn’t have thought. Quite agree with Simon, “mediocre.” I want him to go.

Ace - “We Will Rock You” - Ugh, he tried to pop it up. Negative points homeboy. Worst choice of song in the world for him. He’s not hard enough for this song. Pathetic. That’s right Randy, Karioke. No Paula, no Paula…you don’t change “We Will Rock You.” Right on Simon, a “mess.” “We Will Rock You gently” - very nice. And he did forget the lyrics! I hope you’re gone, man. Loser.

Ace sucks. Cocky pretty boy.

Kellie - “Bohemian Raphsody” - Why did she have to do it? Another blonde chick. Ok, she’s kind of hitting it. Oh! She went into the crowd, somewhat cool. Randy’s right, “entertained.” “I think it worked,” is right. You’re right Damion… “ewww.” But hey, even I can say I didn’t hate it. Now I need to hear the real thing. I’m cleansing myself with the voice of Freddie.

“It’s his accent, I don’t understand it.” “We both have a problem here.” Sad, funny interchange.

Chris - “Innuendo” - I love this guy. His voice is magnetic, and so hard, full. Damn, that was so brilliant. If he doesn’t win this I’ll be amazed. Huh, never been performed live. I’m impressed they let him do it. Simon’s correct, not the greatest song in the world - but I would have loved to have heard Freddie’s voice on it. And despite the obvious, I think I rather got it. Indulgent fantasy - wanting Chris to sing either “We are the Champions” or “Princes of the Universe.”

Catherine - “Don’t Stop Me Now” - “Who Wants to Live Forever” - Highlander plug! She didn’t catch it. The joy of this fun is the heartache in Freddie’s voice in the beginning few seconds. She’s just belting it. How sucky. Just stop. “Glorious voice”? I’m sorry, you’re tone deaf Paula. Top it off Simon, she looked horrible and sounded awful. I hate her. I hater her so much. You screamed.

Elliot - “Somebody to Love” - You’ve never heard the song?! I love this song. Wow, close your eyes. Yeah, that was kinda nice. They’ll love it. And they did. He should win if only for his jaw. He has a nice voice.

Taylor! - “We are the Champions” - “A Crazy Little Thing Called Love” - Interesting. I love this song as well. This fellow entertains me. Damn, if I didn’t enjoy it. Awww, but he missed the mic stand. Yeah, I enjoyed it. I think it was a little too put on.

Paris - “The Show Must Go On” - She actually had me until the chorus. She’s getting drowned out. Eh. No, she clearly isn’t a powerhouse, Paula. Weird, weird is probably good. Nope. Didn’t like it.


Damion, you were right my friend. I was still glad to be excited though. Not everyday one can at least hear the lyrics of Queen on TV. If only to have been there with you to rant and rave, though.

Favorite Performance: Chris. He rocked.

Top Three: Chris, Elliot, Taylor - I can't put Kellie there because as brave as she is, she wasn't brave enough

Bottom Three: Ace, Catherine, Buck - I can't put Paris on there simply because I can't fault the girl for not having Freddie's vocals.

The one thing I learned. I love Freddie Mercury more than ever. And Brian May still has the greatest hair, aside from the lead singer of Coheed & Cambria.

1 comment:

qta said...

i don't think we disagree all that much here. I too said it wasn't their fault, but it still sucked. I, too think Chris should win.